The Basic Antispam Plugin provides basic antispam features like: allow anonymous comments, detect feedback duplicates, feedback sensitivity to links, apply
rel="nofollow", block spam referrers, check referrers for URL and check trackbacks for our URL.
|Author:||The b2evo Group|
|Last tested in version:|
- Minimum Comment Interval: specify the minimum time interval between comments from the same IP or email address. Specify
0to disable this.
- Detect feedback duplicates: if you enabled this, feedback (comments and trackbacks) gets checked for duplicate content on the same item from the same author (either identified as member or by name, email or URL).
- Feedback sensitivity to links: if a comment has more than the given number of permitted links, it will get 100% Spam karma. If this feature is not disabled (by using
-1), it will return a value between 0 and 100. E.g., if you set it to
2and a comment contains one link, it will return 50% spam karma.
- Strip whitespace: if you enable this, whitespace will be stripped off the beginning and end of the comment.
- Remove repetitive characters: check this option if you would like to trim down the number of repeated characters to maximum of 3 characters.
- Block common spam comments: check this option to block with common bbcode spam comments with both "[link=" and "[url=" tags.
- Apply rel="nofollow": Google suggested to put a
rel="nofollow"tag on comment links, so they can ignore the PageRank with those. Because it does not stop comment spam and harms the blogosphere (opinions differ here) you can enable (-1), disable (0) or use it for X hours on a comment (X).
- Check referrers for URL: this will search the requested (your) URL in the content of the referring page. This is against referrer spam, but creates additional webserver traffic, because your server has to fetch the URL that’s given in the Referer. This is disabled by default.
Per User Group Settings
In b2evo v7, the plugin also allows to set the minimum comment interval per User Group.
The Basic Antispam Plugin gets shipped with b2evolution and can be found in /plugins/basic_antispam_plugin/.