This plugin is freely available but is supported only through PRO Support.
The LDAP plugin provides authentication by querying one or more LDAP servers.
When b2evolution’s login form is submitted, the plugin will intercept the login request to query the LDAP servers instead of querying b2evolution’s internal user table.
The plugin can do the following:
- Verify the password
- Create the user in the internal user table, with first name and last name.
- Download and assign the user profile picture
- Create and/or assign the main group for the user
- Create and/or assign secondary groups for the user
- Create and/or assign organization memberships for the user