This plugin is no longer maintained
This plugin allows the administrator to define certain areas on a skin which can be customized by individual users. For example, a "banner" area where each user can display a different image, a "background" area for user to define background image or colour, etc.
|Last tested in version:|
- Allow a blog group to have consistent look-and-feel, yet allow some degree of customization to reflect each blogger's personality.
- Allows Users unfamiliar with HTML and CSS to change customizable areas in their blogs.
- Allows Users with insufficient permissions to upload custom CSS files or modify the skin directly to be able to alter customizable areas in their blogs.
How to use
- Install the plugin.
- Go to the Skin Area plugin settings, and define a few skin areas. For each skin area, give it a name, a default value, and a descriptive note for your users.
- In your skin, insert the following codes into wherever you want each skin area to appear:
Replace 'BannerImg' with the area name that you have defined.
- A 'Skin Area' sub-tab is added to the 'Tools' tab. Users can access this tab, where they will see the list of skin areas that the administrator have defined. They can make their own settings, and it will be reflected on their blogs. However, they must use the skins with the above codes inserted.
- Validation of user input.
- Different types of input, e.g., check box, radio buttons, etc.
- Integration with filemanager for file selection (useful for inserting img tags).
- Color picker.