As a general rule, b2evolution generates thumbnails of all the images that you attach to a post ( more information about this subject can be found in this page: Caching and Cache Levels ), and the Watermark Plugin lets you add watermarks to those thumbnails.
Note: The goal of the plugin is only to watermark the generated thumbnails with a watermark that stays visible no matter the size. Very small thumbnails will not be watermarked. The originals are not watermarked because the thumbnail would be scaled down in the thumbnails (real site images) and it would look bad.
This plugin has per-collection settings, which means that its settings may be defined globally and also individually for each collection. The default global settings form, including its default values, is shown in the image below and listed as following:
Section 1 - Plugin info
General information about the plugin.
- Name: the name of the plugin all across the site.
- Short Description: short phrase to quickly describe what is supposed this plugin does.
- Help: a link from your back-office to this page.
Section 2 - Plugin settings
- Image text: the text that will be added to the thumbnail. Please consider this text will be shown in a single line, so try to keep it as consice as you can.
- Font file name: you may use your own font files to be applied to the text format. Upload the files to the folder
/blogs/plugins/watermark_plugin/fontsand fill this field with the name of the file including the extension. This option is available only for TrueType fonts (.ttf).
- Font size: the size of the font to be applied on the text. The unit of this filed is defined according with the version of the PHP GD library in your current system: pixels (GDv1) or points (GDv2).
- Min dimension: enter the minimum pixel dimensions an image must have to get a watermark. Images below this value will be ignored by the plugin. Default value: 400.
Remember: changes made in this section will apply only over the files that do not belong to any collection. Files that belong to a specific collection are those that have been saved in the collection’s media folder. Files saved in global or custom folders will be affected by the Global settings.
The settings in the following sections are meant for advanced users, if you are not sure about what are you doing, then maybe you should avoid to make any change.
Section 3 - Plugin variables
- Code: The code used to call this plugin. This is also used to link renderer plugins to items.
- Priority: stablish the order which this plugin will be called.
Section 4 - Plugin events
When checked, the code on these methods will be executed each time the homonyms events occur.
Images attached to an item must be saved in the current blog / collection media folder root, otherwise the thumbnails of those images will include the watermark of their corresponding collections, or the global watermark if they are in a shared folder.
The sample copyright information displayed at the bottom left of the image below has been automatically generated by the watermark plugin in a test site.
Comment from: [Member]
@thatgrrl I left you an answer here: http://forums.b2evolution.net/can-i-watermark-images. For a better support, please always send your questions to the forums, making sure to include links to the pages you are referring (this one, for example).
This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...
Form is loading...