This plugin is no longer available.
The most of its features have been integrated to other bundled plugins or directly in the of b2evolution's core.
Textile is a markup language that converts its text into valid XHTML code.
|Last tested in version|
What Textile Does
- Replace single and double primes (' and ") used as quotation marks with HTML entities for opening and closing quotation marks (?? and ??) in readable text, while leaving untouched the primes required within HTML tags.
- Replace double hyphens (--) with an em-dash (?) entity.
- Replace single hyphens surrounded by spaces with an en-dash (?) entity.
- Replace triplets of periods (...) with an ellipsis (?) entity.
- Convert many nonstandard characters (?úß?π?) to browser-safe entities corresponding to keyboard input.
- Apply block- and phrase-level structural tags automatically and at the discretion of the writer via quick tags.
- Allow the quick creation of simple and complex tables
- Allow the simple application of style, class, id, language and alignment attributes to elements
- Create hyperlinks and insert images via quick tags.
- Define acronyms via quick tags
- Wrap an
<acronym></acronym>tag around runs of three or more capital letters automatically.
- Convert (TM), (R), and (C) to ?, ®, and ©
- Convert the letter x to a dimension sign: 2x4 to 2×4 and 8 x 10 to 8×10